Having started in Cairo, Egypt in 2003, the Korea-Middle East Cooperation Forum has been held annually in Korea and the Middle Eastern countries alternatively.
The forum is a venue for deepening mutual understanding and networking among the leaders.
This year marked 12th anniversary, and the Forum sponsored by Korea′s Ministry of Foreign Affairs was held in Seoul this Monday.
Our commentator Dr. Jang participated as a speaker in the the Forum.
1. What is the main theme of “12th Korea-Middle East Cooperation Forum” for this year? Tell us more about the Forum.
2. You were one of the speakers at the Forum. What was your panel about? Your key argument?
3. What can be the policy recommendations after your somewhat ‘pessimistic’ analysis, then?
4. What is Korea’s position as a globally responsible actor in this conflict and crisis-driven Middle East?
* 장지향 선임연구위원 인터뷰, Good Morning Seoul (Oct 30, 2015)